* In 2019, Americans are expected to spend close to $1 billion on fireworks. That’s about 270 million pounds of fireworks.
* Independence Day became a paid holiday in 1938.
* The White House held its first 4th July party in 1801.
* An estimated 45 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home to celebrate the holiday.
* Another $1 billion is spent on beer for 4th of July. Wine drinkers spend nearly $570 million.
* Fun presidential fact: everyone knows we gained independence July 4, 1776 and everyone knows George Washington was our first president. But did you know there was over a decade between the two events? The presidency of George Washington began on April 30, 1789, when he was elected unanimously.